Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Joy

This little light of mine... she always shines. I wanted to document a few of my favorite things that our little girl is doing right now!

At dinner time, she holds her hands up in the air and insists with a big smile "HOLD HANDS", then she says "prayer" and we all hold hands and sing the lord is good to me with the biggest smile on her face!

One of my many dreams come true - she asks me to play "Sunshine" on the piano, then she says "mollie dances" and does her ballet while I'm playing the piano, just like I used to do while my dad played the piano!

She asks for tea parties every day because she now associates the fancy occasion with a chance for ice cream.

She won't go to bed with out Charlie in her room. "Charlie sleep Mollie sleep."

She has to stand up in front of her classroom to say "Mollie is special", so now when we ask her about it, she says "Mommy is special, Daddy is special".

Most importantly, she's really honing her command skills. Yesterday she said in full conversation mode with almost perfect grammar, "Mommy come back here, to the playroom, and sit here (patting the floor) next Mollie". She was proud of herself (I was too)!

And just to crack me up, she woke up singing "happy birthday to you" to herself yesterday morning. She finished the whole song and then asked for presents :)

Mollie, thanks for making our day every day and for having the biggest, brightest smile! Love you!

1 comment:

Anne & Josh said...

Kate's eyes, Ryan's lips...perfect mix! Mollie, you are beautiful!