Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Grand Finale


So the grand finale to the perfect weekend was better than I could have ever imagined. Dallas in the fall is the best. Dallas in the fall with a two year old that lights up the world is perfection. I have had the most perfect weekend enjoying my family, watching Mollie blow down the street on her new trike, watching her glow in her painted mermaid face, watching her show off her mani/pedi, watching her tell everyone she is a mermaid fairy princess, watching her ride a pony twice and help carve pumpkins, and most importantly watching her RUN, and I mean RUN from house to house with all of her little friends, leading the pack, to yell "trick or treat". (And she didn't stop there, I had to go into the houses to pull her out :)

Halloween is the new favorite Hanratty holiday. Ryan and I both said this is the most fun we've ever had and put that little girl to sleep at 9pm with the biggest smiles on our faces as we listened to her say "I love you, good night, see you in the morning" as she came down from her sugar high.

Here is the little one doing her practice round at our house before we joined her friends and set out on the old neighborhood.

Very excited to confirm that the candy we spoke of was in fact a reality!






Can't wait until next year pretty fairy. And I believe you had enough candy to hold you over until then :) Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anne & Josh said...

We needed a mermaid ferry princess to visit our home in Guernsey!