Monday, February 14, 2011

2 1/2 Years Old

Our baby is getting bigger!


What to say to my two and a half year old - You are still the joy of my life. Every moment that I would spend being sad about you growing up, I would smile thinking of the new wonderful things you do and ways you grow every day.

You say something amazing or accomplish something new every day, and as your personality continues to shine, this seems like is has to be the most fun phase of your life. You make me laugh every day. You amaze me every day. You blow me away with your humor, inteligence, vocabulary, memory and kindness.

You love reading. You like to be read to. You love anything that has to do with books, the library, the book store, your books! We cuddle in my bed the minute you wake up and read books. This is one of my favorite times of day. After breakfast, you go over to the book shelf and page through books by yourself. In the car, you bring at least five books and page through each one. You read before and after nap, and Daddy and I take turns reading to you in our bed before we say goodnight. We say pick two books, but you always try to sneak in a third. Now you even sleep with your books.

You also love ballet. You wear a tutu almost every day. You wear your ballet slippers everywhere you go. You switch from being a mermaid ballerina to a fairy ballerina, to just a ballerina. Sometimes you are also characters from the Nutcracker, such as the scary mouse or a soldier. You request the Nutcracker music almost daily and spin, leap and lap around the family room to your favorite music acting out various scenes of the ballet. You dance at restaurants, you dance on the streets.


You say the darndest things. You sing your ABCs. You introduce yourself as "Mollie Hanratty". You have an amazing imagination. You talk on the phone often. One of my favorites was "Hi Prince, It's Mollie Hanratty".

Some of my favorite quotes:

- When I come in to get you in the morning "Mommy, there's a doggie roofing outside and there was a birdy yelling at me"
- I ask her if she wants a fork, "I'm eating with my hands, I'm not having good table manners"
- Is mama your friend, Daddy asks, "Yes, Mamma makes me happy, she's nice to me"
- Waking up to a snowstorm, "Look, there are so many snows"
- A response to many of my requests "I can't, I'm busy right now"
- When you had woken up from a nap you said "Mama, nap is over. I was just dreaming". About what? "The Nutcracker"
- When we tuck you in to bed, you say "I'm cozy... I love you... see you in the morning... Goodnight".
- One of the things we hear the most "I'm happy!"
You love family hugs. You say that I'm your best friend. You are the light of my life. I love you and am so proud of you beautiful girl!



No comments: