Wednesday, August 16, 2017

First Day of School - 2017!

I cannot come up with the words to describe today.
My favorite job, my calling, my happy place, took a major turn today when both of you walked hand in hand to a full day of school together.  After nine years of having one of you with my every single day for errands and cuddles and play time, we sent you off to begin your elementary school journey.
I thought I would spend the whole morning in tears, but it would be hard to after seeing both of your joy! Kendall starting school with the magic of the best kindergarten teacher ever... and Mollie ready to learn in third grade after a couple easy years of primary school.  So, instead of crying, I smiled and my heart was full.  We couldn't be more proud of you two beautiful girls, and I will miss summer (and you) more than you will ever know!












When this is what you see approaching you in carpool.... hard not to smile!


For the rest of your lives I will be telling you stories of your younger days... when you were my sidekicks, and I took you everywhere with me, and loved every minute.  How people commented on how adorable and helpful you were.  And how proud I was.  And how nothing was better than a morning cuddle with nowhere to be, or a lazy morning trip to the coffee shop.  But today, I will smile after seeing your big smiles.  And I will know you are in incredible hands at school.  And as KK said, we will have morning cuddles on the weekends :)  And I will count down the minutes until carpool.
Love you!

No comments: