Thursday, February 9, 2012

Miss Independent is 3 1/2

Today we celebrated Mollie's half birthday.  
Mollie's school celebrate half birthdays so the summer birthdays still get a celebration, so we jumped on board.  Daddy and I attended her birthday chapel celebration then took her out for a big girl lunch.  At chapel, the birthday kids stood in the front of chapel and their classmates sang "Happy birthday to you, may God bless you".  Then the birthday kids got to ring the church bells (xylophone).  
It was just precious.

 At lunch, the precious stopped and the goofing started.
Apparently Mollie decided that 3 1/2 makes her a big girl.  She has always been independent, but on this day, she decided she's all grown up.  She walked me into the kitchen to show me how to bypass the babyproofing.  "See Mommy, I can open this drawer now, let me show you how."  

When she wants to watch a show, she grabs the ipad and hides under a blanket where we can't find her 
 I told her she couldn't have a treat until she ate her lunch, and that I would make her lunch after I fed Kendall.  Well, apparently she didn't want to wait for that, so when I went to feed Kendall, she pulled her stool over to the cupboard to get her plate, then pulled her stool to the fridge, cut a bag of shredded cheese open with a scissors and dumped the whole bag on her plate, then topped it with a small piece of ham.  "Look Mommy, I made my lunch, so now I can have a treat".  I must say, I was very impressed with the effort.  I would have bet on her going straight for the treat when I left the room!
 Big girl, we love you and are so proud of you.  Thanks for saying the darnest things and surprising us and making us smile every day!  You are such a ray of sunshine.


No comments: