Sunday, March 10, 2013

Just me and my babe!

Kendall and I jumped on a plane to try to pull of TWO major surprises!
#1 - Welcome Aunt Annie BACK TO THE USA and attend Baby Stan's shower.
#2 - Complete the fam representation at Grandpa's retirement party.
We were so lucky to pull off both without a hitch.  It meant the world to be there to listen to the toasts to Grandpa's illustrious career, and to have KK by my side to run up yelling "Grandpa, Grandpa" and jump into his arms while he was giving his farewell speech.  And then to be able to HUG my glowing, beautiful, pregnant sis after THREE years of being across the pond, and watch her pregnancy become a reality as I sat by her filling up a time capsule for Baby Stan at her shower... perfection!  And to have special Mommy/Kendall time with my little one by my side the entire time, life of the party at both.  It was a weekend I wouldn't have wanted to miss with so many lifelong memories and so much family pride.  

Congrats Grandpa!

 "SNOW!!!!" She kept yelling as she walked down the street.




 Grandpa's famous pizza dough. What on earth do I do with this...



Stan's shower.  Quality time with my sis, and her hubby's fam from Ohio, and our extended fam from Minneapolis.  What a treat!


The highlight... second cousins and cake!

Grandpa and Grandma, thanks for being wonderful hosts to the last minute party crashers.  And Annie... YOU'RE BACK!  And miss KK, you couldn't have been a better travel buddy.  It was so much fun to bring my little ray of sunshine up to Wisconsin to show you off to everyone.

No comments: