Wednesday, May 30, 2018

All the "Lasts" of this school year

Oh wow, last lunch duty, last recess, last kindergarten guest reader, last day to see my kindergartener and third grader in uniforms.  Trying to hold back the tears, but having a very hard time!

This year was just special.  Don't know why.  Maybe because you were both so so happy.  Maybe it was because you were both at the same school or you both wanted to be at school.  You both had amazing teachers and learned SO much.  

But this year happened in a blink.  Don't know why either.  Maybe because it was the first time with both girls in full day school. But for the first time in history, I"m not ready for it to end.  Not because I don't want you home with me, but because time is just going to fast.  I'm not ready to say goodbye to kinder for ever and I'm not ready for my first born to be double-digits...10!

I guess I have to live by the thing I've always told myself, it just keeps getting more fun.  I can't wait to spend the summer with my bring and shiny first grader to be and my smart as a whip hilarious pre- teen.  I can't wait to see what you'll teach me, what we'll laugh about and how we'll spend our days together!  As much as I'm sad to say goodbye to this magical year, I'm so excited to spend every day with my girls.










No comments: